Take Back the Night 2011!
Are you interested in being a part of a nationwide movement towards sisterhood, strength and solidarity? The Canadian Association of Sexual Assault has declared the third Friday of the month of September as the time for individuals of all ages to step up to the plate and show their support for the fight against sexual violence through “Take Back the Night” marches across the country!
In light of the campaign, SACHA (Sexual Assault Centre of Hamilton & Area) is hosting its very own “Take Back the Night” event planned for Thursday, September 15 for the city of Hamilton, and has an action-packed night planned in commemoration of thirty successful years of the event!
Not quite sure what the event is all about? Take a look at the exciting lined up for Thursday and make sure you are a part of it!
- Who: Women, trans-women, children and supporters are welcome!
- What: Events include:
- Children’s activities
- Henna tattoos
- Information tables
- Event t-shirts and buttons
- Laughter yoga
- United march of empowerment
- Lots of surprises!
- When: Thursday, September 15th, 2011 (6:30pm-9:30pm)
- Where: Hamilton City Hall, 71 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON
- Why: To build connections, reclaim one’s right to safety and a sense of security, stand up against violence and unite to have their voices heard.
- How: By uniting with a diverse group of individuals and standing up against sexual abuse through interaction and empowerment.
Every voice deserves to be heard: make yours heard and join the battle against sexual abuse on September 15th at Take Back the Night in Hamilton!