The Spookiest of Hamilton!
Are you really as prepared as you think for this upcoming Halloween? Check out some of Hamilton’s darkest and most frightening action-filled pieces as you plan exactly what to do leading up to and on your night of scares:
1) Theatre of Horror: Check out Waterdown’s scary affair by paying a visit to the Rotary Club of Hamilton’s 20th Annual Haunted House in Waterdown Memorial Hall from 6-9pm until October 30th!
2) The Horrorshow: Rumored to be the city’s scariest haunted house, the Horrorshow is open from October 21-23 and October 27-31 from 7pm to midnight in Corktown: definitely worth a visit.
3) Spooktacular Rails: From the haunted barn to old, creaky streetcars along the Halton Country Radial Railway, Halloween Spooktacular is a definite thriller, and is open from 6:30pm to 10:00pm on October 30.
4) Haunted House: The largest frightful tour of the city is back as Boys and Girls Club of Hamilton roll their Halloween Haunted House back into the spotlight with a dungeon filled with unforgettable Halloween experiences from October 28-30 from 6:00pm-9:00pm.
5) Halloween History: For those inquisitive ones out there, Westfield Heritage Village explores All Hallow’s Eve history and folklore for the family with over 30 lantern-lit buildings, a haunted train station and more on October 29 and 30 from 6:30pm to 9:30pm!
Not quite satisfied yet? Check out the opportunities below and get into the Halloween spirit if that didn’t quite do it for you already:
1. Creepy Caledonia Ghost Tour: October 29 (7pm, Caledonia Fairgrounds; guided tour)
2. Creep Caledonia Haunted House: October 30 (2pm-8pm, Caledonia Fairgrounds)
3. Scarecrow Saturday: October 30 (11am-3pm, downtown Dundas; horses, trolley-rides, treats, games, sidewalk sales)
4. Horror in the Hammer’s Zombie Walk & Food Drive: October 30 (2:00pm, Gore Park)
5. Haunted Kirk: October 30 (6:30pm-8:30pm, Erskine Presbyterian Church; games, treats, dress-up, scary adventure)
6. Haunted Hamilton’s 9th Annual Halloween Costume Ball: October 30 (7:30pm-1:00am, Grand Ballroom at Scottish Rite; performances, video dance screen, cold dinner buffet)
7. Pumpkin Party: October 30 (1pm-4pm, Whitehern Historic House and Garden; 1930s-style paper mache pumpkin decorating, pumpkin-based games)
8. Robot Madness – A Halloween Bash: October 31 (3pm-6pm, Gage Park; live music, face-painting, candy, photo-booth, robots)
9. Rockey Horror Halloween Carnival: October 31 (11am-4pm, Ireland House; story-telling, pumpkin-carving, painting, crafts, bouncy castle, vendors)
10. Art Gallery of Hamilton’s Haunted Halloween Fun Day: October 31 (1:30pm-3:30pm, Art Gallery; Halloween-themed workshop)
11. Ancaster Rotary Club’s Halloween Dance: October 30 (8:00pm, Ancaster Rotary Community Center)