Introducing ASH- our NEWEST Bobble Popper!
We are thrilled to add another member to our team of students committed to helping the McMaster community POP the campus bubble and engage with the exciting and vibrant Hamilton Community. Our newest Bubble Popper is Ash. You may recognize her recent post ‘You can’t Learn to Swim by Reading a Book’. You can read her bio on the Contributors page. In the meantime- we thought we would ask her 6 questions to help you get to know her a bit better.
1. Describe Hamilton in 5 words or less.
Still lots of untapped potential!
2. Why should McMaster students care about ‘popping the bubble’?
A by-product of higher education is community building. This process is closely linked to the ideals of democracy. To live in a more democratic society we need to activate an educated citizenry with the potential to be more than mere sums of their parts. Having a responsibility to the community is necessary for caring about the greater good. McMaster is a school I want to be a part of as we band together to move forward with integrity.
3. What do McMaster Students need to know about Hamilton?
There is something for everyone. As an immigrant to Hamilton, I have learned that all I have to do is get up, get out, and look for the opportunities.
4. What are the best ways for students to get involved and engaged in the city?
Volunteering for local groups, promoting unity and equality, attending conferences put on by McMaster, and getting educated about the topic.
5. What is Hamilton’s Best Kept Secret?
GRANNY’S PLACE! It took me 4 years to find good Jamaican cuisine! 9 Robert, Hamilton, ON L8L 2N8
6. Our blog has the ‘PTB Graduate List’ which has ten things students should do in Hamilton before they graduate. What would you put on the PTB Graduate List?
-bike ride to Bay Front Park
-participate in Slutwalk Hamilton
– attend an event at The Well Café (27 King William Street, Hamilton)
– watch the Hamilton Tiger Cats!